When Michigan homeowners, new construction home builders and commercial construction contractors or commercial maintenance crews need to install a new gutter system on their building the first question to consider is seamless gutters or sectional gutter systems? Guilford Gutters provides both solutions to our Mid-michigan residential, construction and commercial customers. Seamless gutters have become more popular over the last few years and our gutter fabricators are specialists in offering the best solution for new or replacement eavestrough needs.
The difference between sectional or seamless gutters is clear:
- Sectional – pre-made small gutter sections are joined together and attached to your home or building.
- Seamless – a single piece of aluminum is fabricated into a 5 or 6 inch gutter and is installed as one single piece
For both options corner joints are inevitable so seamless gutters implies the long length and width of the gutter and on hip roofs, etc. corners will require a section attachment.
8 Benefits of Seamless Gutters:
- Less maintenance: Sectional or gutters with joints are prone to clogging because of debris accumulation around joints. Smooth, straight seamless gutters are easier to clean because you don’t have to work around seams that tend to hold onto roof particles and other debris.
- No Leakage: Sectional gutter systems require a sealant be applied at each joint to keep them together. Even with ample sealant the seal can wear over time and allow water to escape.
- Material: Seamless gutters offer a wide variety of material options. Aluminum is the most popular seamless gutter material choice however seamless gutters can also be formed with copper and steel.
- Color: With aluminum seamless guttering many color options are available to compliment your home. Aluminum gutters have a baked on enamel finish that doesn’t require painting. If you decide to change the color of your building aluminum gutters can be painted. A high grade paint and professional application is recommended.
- Fabricated on Site: Seamless gutters are customized for you home. One piece of aluminum sized for each area is molded to length and installed as one piece. This practice of made to order seamless gutter sections reduces waste and expense in over stocking of sectional gutter pieces.
- Professional Installation: Because of the customized application and equipment required to build and install the seamless gutter systems a professional seamless gutter installation crew is required. You can rest easy that your gutters have been installed by professional contractors and gutter fabricators who specialize in seamless gutter installations and not by your do-it-yourself neighbor who may or may not have the best capability.
- Reduced Repair Costs: With the limited joints in a seamless gutter system there are also less fasteners that can pull away from your building. There are also less sections, end caps, connector and drop outlets that may become damaged over time. This results in a cost savings and a higher return on investment.
- Attractive: The clean uniform lines of seamless gutters offer a higher aesthetic appeal. The reduced amount of sections, joints and fasteners needed for seamless gutters are more complimentary to the eye. One seamless flow instead of breaks here and there help improve the appeal.